BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Currently reading ...

  • House Rules by Jodie Picoult

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Adele...

It's 12. a.m.

The room is quiet, accompanied by some soothing hums from the AC and the silent thuds of my fingers against individual plastic keys on the keyboard.

I enjoy being in a serene environment, preferably in the morning, though early mornings are hard to come by lately. Silence gives me space to think, calmness, and most importantly, an escape from the ever present stress.

However, I'm not in the mood for some peace and quiet tonight.

I'm in audio heaven at the moment. Coming from the ends of two neodymium-wrapped magnets encased by a plastic band( the thing we call ear phones ), are the unmistakable jazzy tunes from my latest obsession, Adele.


 

Her music is my current addiction. Awww, that coarse, jazzy vocals; simple but great guitar skills; accompanied by a swagger singing style and tone... These never fail to put me in utter admiration and awe everytime her songs are played. Her live performances are what jazz musicians around the world would look up to as she can croon hard songs effortlessly. And don't let me get started with her songwriting...

'You should know that you're just a temporary fix
This isn't a routine
With you it don't mean that much to me
You're just a filler in the space that happened to be free
How dare you think you'd get away with trying to play me
Yeah'
 
Those are the words to 'Best For Last', my absolute favorite.  
Other songs include the radio-friendly 'Chasing Pavements' and 'Make You Feel My Love' 
to name a few.

So people, DO CHECK HER OUT!!!



0 comments: