BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Currently reading ...

  • House Rules by Jodie Picoult

Friday, February 19, 2010

Application... Dissapointment!

Time : 9 p.m.
Venue : Old Town White Coffee, Pelangi Damansara.
Mood : Neutral with a tinge of nervousness.

Woke up at 8 this morning.

Not my usual time... Hated it! Thanks for your calls cocks!( Chickens )

Oh, did I mentioned that I stayed over at grandma's place yesterday? Yeah, I was in Seremban this morning. The main agenda was both IMU and IELTS registration, so we left Seremban for PJ at around 9.30 a.m.

Something about the weather and the traffic kinda dampened my mood. It was cloudy( rare!) and the roads were somewhat clear...

Putting those aside, we arrived at my cousin's apartment at 11. We had brunch together at Kayu Nasi Kandar and then off we went to Bukit Jalil. The journey was longer than expected, even with the least possible amount of traffic in KL... maybe it was just me... I was nervous!

IMU is not as bad as I thought it would be... The place is pleasant, though it's so far away from anywhere i know... We met a counselor at student services... She was nice... After some ( in my opinion ) unnecessary briefing about the course, I applied online using one of the computers available there....Considering the fact that we came all the way to submit my hard copies, the online application policy still puzzles me... Why can't I apply through a handwritten form since I'm there?

Anyway, after the declaration, I was informed that I'll get my offer letter within 2 weeks if my application's successful...( The evil word 'if' just doesn't fail to choke my nerves all the time! )

Okay! IMU's done, it's IELTS now... I brought photographs of me in glasses. However, in Wisma Dredging, where the British Council is glamorously situated, I was told that 2 photographs of me without my glasses on are required!( It's clearly stated in the form that glasses are fine as long as there are no glare seen blocking the candidate's eyes. ) Therefore, with some irritation, I confronted the guy at the counter... Just as I was about to speak, he told me boldly that it( the no glasses policy ) is newly implemented by the council and that he cannot do anything about it... WHAT SHIT IS THIS?!

The IELTS application had to wait as new photographs are required...

I AM DISAPPOINTED!!! How could they implement a rule without stating anything on the application forms? How could they leave candidates with sight limitations behind? This is some major bullshit!!!

I'm done.

0 comments: