BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Currently reading ...

  • House Rules by Jodie Picoult

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

LEE DA WISEEEEEE...

     Notice the title?

     There is a  reason for the capital letters and the dope spelling of the name...

     Lee Dewyze! My man... Though he's not my favourite on the current season of American Idol, his ingenious and soulful rendition of the Leonard Cohen all-time classic, Hallelujah that closed the show tonight was phe-no-me-nal!!! No over-the-top vocal abilities, no freakishly wide vocal range, just plain SOUL... WOW! That performance blew me off my sofa... Even my parents were fairly impressed... (that's a huge compliment since they don't really pay attention to the TV!)  When Lee belted out the last note of my favourite Christian song, I was literally on my feet. With my loud and silly over-the-head clapping, I was giving him a standing ovation from half the globe away! And with another performance of that standards in the finale, we would be certain that the title would definitely go to this 'once' paint worker! The only other time that I've got shaken this much  from a performance on AI was back in 2007, when Elliott Yamin( with his awesome vocal range and unmistakably deep vibratos) poured his soul out on my all time favourite gospel song - Somebody To Love, originally introduced to us by the late Freddy Mercury in the legendary band, Queen.

     I think that's enough credit for Mr. Dewyze, it's time for some Mamasox! Yes... My favourite for this season would definitely be Crystal Bowersox.  Bold, brave and smart, she's the only one I look forward to watching every week(well besides Micheal Lynche, who's unfortunately voted out last week.) This single mother has been fairly consistent over the weeks, and to say that she's talented would be a gross understatement! Bringing that cool-carefree swagger from week to week, apart from her strong, sometimes coarse and pitch-perfect voice; she hits vital( not necessarily high) notes every performance with precision and unimaginable ease...

     I would certainly love to see Mamasox clinch the title , but that's gonna  be quite a challenge... Since I can't vote or do anything about the results tomorrow, let's just hope that Mr. Goodlooking, Casey James doesn't escape elimination yet again to make the finale worth watching... So , let's let America do the judging, and meanwhile, let's just pray for the best :)

3 comments:

Ern T. said...

i would want lee and crystal to be in the finale.
I never really pay attention during AI until Crystal's performances. i really like her absolute passion and soul in every note she sings.

btw, hey soul sister is pretty good =)
but try this, Just a little bit by Kids of 88. They're a kiwi band =D. the song's bit twisted, but i like it cause it's very catchy. and it's like an adult version of AAR's I wanna. HAHA.

Hyperdiablo said...

Hey.. Thx for commenting... Me too!! Since the start of this season, I wanted Crystal, Big Mike, and Lee to be the top 3, but somehow Casey didn't get eliminated last week, so poor Mike:(

Hey soul sister IS good, it;s just plain easy to sing, tats y i like it... N for the kiwi band, I'll b sure to check them out:)

Ern T. said...

Actually right, it doesn't make a difference who's the third person in the top 3, whether it's cassey or mike it doesn't matter cause in the end, there'll only be two. and i rather it be crystal and lee. I would be in such a state of horror if these two weren't the finalists.